Everyone know that reducing the number of calories you eat per day can be an effective weight loss method. However, figuring out exactly how many calories you should eat can be tricky, as it depends on a variety of things like your age, sex, size and activity level. Not only can the number of calories you eat can affect your weight loss, but without considering the types of foods you eat is what’s going to help you sustain your weight loss.
Eating more nutrient-dense foods like whole grains, fruits, vegetables and organic proteins help you health more than opting for nutrient-poor ones like soda, donuts and candy.
Here are 5 simple strategies that can help you lose weight.
- 1. Eat more protein
- Protein is incredibly important. Studies show that increasing your protein intake, you will feel full longer and curb your appetite, along with preventing weight regain and maintain muscle mass.
- 2. Limit sugary drinks
- Your brain doesn’t register liquid calories the same way it does solid calories, so they can affect your feelings of hunger and fullness less significantly.
- 3. Drink more water
- Adequate hydration is associated with improving brain health and weight management.
- 4. Exercise
- Resistance training activities has been shown to limit to muscle loss and boost metabolism, while cardio exercises help with your heart health.
- 5. Reduce your intake of refined cards and ultra-processed foods
- These types of foods increase your hunger and can increase fat deposits.
In the long run, cutting a drastic amount of calories may harm your health and make it harder to maintain weight loss so instead focus on making small changes that improving your diet with nutrient-dense foods along with some healthy habits.